How a specialty practice moved their main location during the pandemic.
An established independent retinal practice with multiple locations throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania.
WHAT WE DID
MMG acted as the project manager in partnership with the internal department leads and was instrumental in helping the practice transition to the new location.
The physician practice, after significant discussions and review, was looking to expand and find an office location in an area that was easily accessible for patients and provided specific design and space flow for their clinical and operational needs.
The physicians wanted to move one of their main office locations and be fully operational before the beginning of the year, even amidst the ongoing pandemic. To achieve this goal, they enlisted the help of MMG to act as the project manager in partnership with the internal department leads.
The MMG team was instrumental in helping the practice transition to the new location. As part of the team’s long-term management services, MMG met regularly with the onsite construction team to monitor the progress of the buildout. MMG also worked together with the client’s internal financial analyst, internal and outsourced IT vendor, operations manager, and clinical manager to ensure that all tasks related to the move were handled in an appropriate and timely manner.
Services provided during the transition included:
- Helping facilitate meetings with the builder, design team, attorneys, and financial institutions
- Working with the physicians and practice management team on floorplan layout
- Performing walk-throughs with key personnel to ensure accuracy and identify possible issues
- Assisting in notifying vendors, referring physicians and patients of new office location
- Overseeing the provider credentialing and billing requirement changes to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted process relating to billing for services in the new location
- Assisting with the operational aspect of the office move and set up
- Working with practice staff to ensure that all marketing collateral was updated with the new location’s address
A practice move can feel daunting, but thanks to MMG’s experience, guidance and tactical support alongside the internal practice team, the adjustment happened seamlessly. The new location fulfilled the physicians’ vision of having an office in an easily accessible area and optimizing for efficiency in clinical workflow.
MMG’s partnership with the practice in both management and credentialing allowed for the physician group to successfully achieve their goals on-time – even during the pandemic – without any interruptions to patient care or negatively impacting cashflow.